January 26, 2010

S'mores Bars

Mm, Mm! We had some friends with small kiddies over for a casual dinner on Sunday and I made these delicious s'mores bars for our dessert. They have been my go-to treat whenever I haven't had the time to get something else together. They are delicious with chopped peanuts on top with the toasted mallows and chocolate chips or with just peanut butter chips like I used in the picture above. Sweetness!
I am definitely in a baking mood. I just ordered myself a french pastry cookbook and some new crinkle cookie cutters. I had to hurry and just do it before I talked myself out of it, seeing as how my baking repertoire is pretty plain-jane basic. French pastries are a bit ambitious, right? Well, I guess I am feeling gutsy and, for the moment, committed. I hope that I don't lose this drive before the dark brown truck backs into my driveway in 3-5 business days and Mr UPS guy hand-delivers them to my door. Meanwhile, I am tearing pages out of my favorite magazines with fun Valentine's Day ideas to adorn my nightstand and occupy my thoughts while I wait for sleep to find me at night.
Sweet Dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment