February 22, 2010

Key Lime Squares

I bought a bag of key limes last week and I have been using the lime juice mostly on my tortilla chips, but I really wanted to make a key lime dessert. I have a great key lime pie recipe, but I wanted to try something else, something smaller, like maybe a tarlet? I wanted something a little more individual serving size-ish. Anyway, I found this recipe from Martha Stewart for Key Lime Squares. SCRUMPTIOUS! And, actually, it turns out that the filling is the exact same recipe as my Key Lime Pie recipe that I have from my mom. The hubs' only criticism was that it was possibly a little too zingy in the filling, but that was my own mistake. After squeezing all the juice from those teeny-tiny limes, I got a little too far into the zone and added 2 1/2 tsp of zest instead of just 1 1/2. So there. That should account for the extra zing. Still delicious if you ask me! Extra bonus points because my arms are so much buffer today than they were 2 days ago from extracting all that zippy juice from those miniature green globes of citrus!
I sent all the leftover squares with hubs to work to get them out of my kitchen. They call to me. But maybe I can still lose my 7 pounds if I send the extras away.

No comments:

Post a Comment